I am a writer with over ten years of experience in writing and editing. I have worked in a variety of genres and in both creative and business settings.
My biggest focus lately has been writing SEO blog posts. However, I’ve also enjoyed writing website content, email fundraising campaigns, product descriptions, captions for photography series, and artist bios.
My specialty is engaging audiences through creative storytelling.
Editing gives me the same feeling archaeologists must have when they brush away sand to uncover the beautiful forms hidden beneath. It’s a process of discovery, refining, and polishing, and I love it.
One of my favorite editing activities is helping other writers by doing a developmental edit of their books. In fiction, I’m especially passionate about story structure, great dialogue, and story-driven characters. In non-fiction, I focus on helping writers engage readers through concise beautiful writing, well-organized content, and story-telling elements.
Thanks to my own book-writing journey, I have on-the-ground knowledge of what kind of feedback is most helpful, practical, and constructive for writers.
The first time I had a developmental edit on my work was eye-opening in the extreme, but it made a huge difference in my novel’s quality and the quality of the writing I’ve done since. My one wish was that I’d done it way sooner.
Basic Dev Edit
I will read your book and give you a detailed editor letter covering the following:
* Story structure, plot holes, inconsistencies
* Readability, tone, POV, and pacing.
* Suggestions to improve clarity, impact, and flow of prose
* Identification of character inconsistencies, on-the-nose dialogue, etc.
* Suggestions to correct clichés and other issues
* Advice, support, links, resources, & recommendations
Cost: 0.006 USD/word
($60 per 10,000 words)
Standard Dev Edit
The basic package, plus:
I will add inline comments to your document including:
* Include my reactions as a reader to your book as I go through it
* Identify what you do well
* Make suggestions for improvements to clarity
* Offer examples of how to tighten your prose
* Comments on the story, plot, flow, POV, pacing, tone, inconsistencies, characters, clichés, etc.
* Catch grammar mistakes/light proofreading
Cost: 0.008 USD/word
($80 per 10,000 words)
Premium Dev Edit
The standard package, plus:
Phone Deep Dive:
During the 30-45 minute deep dive we can get into: The nitty-gritty of your particular manuscript, consider questions and concerns you have, brainstorm ideas, swap writing strategies or anything else writing and editing related.
Feedback after Revisions:
I offer a second round of feedback after you implement the suggested revisions from the first round. (You may submit in sections or as a whole)
Cost: 0.013 USD/word
($130 per 10,000 words)
Add On: Book Description Feedback
Make sure your book description will grab attention and help you make sales. I’ll give you feedback on your current book description, give you suggestions, and include a sample re-write.
* If you’re interested, email me at contact at yvonnemcarthur dot come and let me know more about you and your work.
* Payments must be made in advance